Sunday, August 11, 2013

Helping protect the trees

Each evening when I worked on protecting the trees in the NE pasture Daisy would join me.

Chilling out as I work on a tree.

Watching the neighbor's four little yappy dogs in the yard on the other side of the fence.




Once the dogs went back in the house Daisy worked her way across the fence.  Initially I told her "No, don't cross the fence." and she listened to me.  After a little bit she wandered down the fence line and disappeared.  Later she turned up here (see photo below) on the neighbor's lawn.  Over here Daisy didn't have to deal with the horses.


One afternoon as I worked on another tree Daisy decided to check out the neighbor's back deck.  Their door was open and their screen door was full length.  Daisy laid around several spots on the deck in open view of the door.  She was there a good fifteen to twenty minutes before a dog noticed and started barking.  Daisy then came back across the fence to be closer to me.


Daisy was pretty cool with the horses being nearby.  One time Lily (the dark horse on the right side) decided she wanted to do more than eat grass right next to Daisy.  She tried to sniff Daisy but Daisy got up and moved a few feet away.  Lily ate a few more bites of grass than moved towards Daisy again.  This time Daisy moved a yard away.  When Lily moved over to Daisy a third time Daisy had enough and walked off.



 Daisy caught a small mouse in the tall grass on the other side of the fence and brought it back closer to me.





Here is a 58 second video of Daisy and the mouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NO-G_u3_I

No comments: