Thursday, May 12, 2016

Insisting on getting wet and dirty

A weather front came through this evening.  Strong winds, cold and rain.  After waiting in the pole shed for Donna and I to finish working the newborn calf, Daisy was happy to come in the house with me.  She was clean and dry as she waited.

Once Daisy ate her "special treat" (wet) cat food her routine is go back outside.  This is what she wanted to do now.  But when I opened the door to the strong cold wind and rain she changed her mind.

Five to ten minutes later she was roaming the house and complaining.  She wanted to go outside.  This time she sat on the front porch's small carpet.  For about a minute or two and then came back inside the house when I opened the door.

Ten to fifteen minutes later it was more of the same.  Around and around the house she roamed.  Meowing loudly complaining about the weather and wanting to go outside.

After about ten minutes of listening to Daisy complain and coming up to me over and over asking to go outside I relented and let her outside.

This time I let her stay outside for 15 to 20 minutes.  When I opened the door she come running - fast.  So fast she slipped on the concrete front porch.

Daisy was very wet and her legs and belly were wet and muddy.

Once inside Daisy wanted to lay on my lap.  I had to get a blanket and put on my lap.   She laid down and began washing.  She is so dirty she can only wash so much before taking a break.  Her wet fur also smells.

Daisy... Daisy... Daisy...

At least she is satisfied with staying in the house now.  She is currently curled up on my lap.




The white spot below her face is were she licked the dirt off her leg.




In between washing she would lay with her head and neck against the table.  I had to turn sideways as I was afraid she would get a crick in her neck.


1 comment:

BLD in MT said...

Wow. That IS dirty and wet. I bet it took her a while indeed!