Sunday, May 22, 2016

Wet weather

It has been a very wet weekend with over an inch of rain having fallen.  Daisy has been restless.  This morning since it was too wet to go outside Daisy ran around the house, meowed, and wanted me to open drawers and closets so she could check them out.  It was hard to sleep with all her commotion.  Eventually she settled down and slept on the bed with me - and ended up hogging the middle of the bed pushing me to the side.

When I went outside late morning to check on the cattle she insisted on accompanying me even though it was raining steady.   As I checked on Buddy's feeder and moved some hay Daisy sat in the red feeder and waited for me to finish even though it was raining steady.  She stayed there until I was done and then came with me back to the house - all wet.

The following photo is from weeks ago as I didn't have my camera with me today.


Late afternoon she decided to brave the rain and go outside.   Naturally she was very wet - top to bottom - when she came back inside.  Unfortunately she decided to lay on papers I had on the floor while I was sorting them.  She got a number of papers all wet.  She was so wet she only washed and cleaned herself a section at a time and tolerated being wet elsewhere.  I did pet and brush much of the water off her when she had come back into the house.

This is a cat not afraid of water and getting wet.

Sleeping while it rains

No comments: