Monday, July 1, 2013

Catnip planting

My neighbor Jan dug up and gave me some of her extra catnip plants.  I had to dig up the ground in an old flower ring where the grass really filled in this year.  The start of the digging was slow going as Daisy decided to lay near me in the freshly dug dirt while the horses roamed around.  Good thing Tammy didn't see how dirty Daisy got as she was very dirty.

Daisy then moved over to where I had started digging the garden and she cleaned herself by the time I finished digging in the flower ring.  Several times she would sit at the corner of where I mowed the garden around the garden and would look out into the tall grass.  She must have been listening and looking for mice.

Once I planted the catnip I put a wire fence around it.  I doubt the horses would eat the catnip but you never know.  If they didn't eat it they would walk all over the plants in their curiosity so the wire fence is necessary.


No comments: