Sunday, June 23, 2013

Last night

Saturday night when we were packing the minivan for our trip back to Montana Daisy realized something was up.  Once I was finished loading the stuff into the minivan Daisy insisted on going outside.  She would go to one then the other door and sit and meow at the door to be let outside.  Sometimes she would scratch at the door.

When I told her she couldn't go outside, she tried:
  • the pity route with a mournful meow and a sad look back at me,
  • a sassy route with a quick meow back when I told her no, or
  • a mad meow with a stern stare at me when I told her no.
I told her no. Tammy told her no.  On and on Daisy meowed and went from door to door.

One time she jumped up to reach the screen.  She got scolded for that.

At one point Tammy held Daisy up to the screen to look outside.  Daisy grabbed the screen and didn't want to let go.  Daisy really wanted outside.





I think Daisy wanted to go hide so she could stay here with my brother and in his house.  She likes it here.  Lots of birds in the trees.  Short green lush lawn.  Lots of people and activity to keep her occupied.

Finally Daisy settled down and laid down to sleep.

No comments: