Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Falling down on the job

Daisy spends so much time outside she is falling down on her job of keeping the house mouse free.   This morning when I went to the neighbor's house to gather more fallen apples, there was Daisy.

Since I found the long dead mouse a few weeks ago I have trapped four more mice.  Tonight I got another mouse - one with a light touch as I had to bait the trap twice with peanut better for I caught it.    This mouse was trapped at its lower body instead of behind the neck.  Since it has a such a light touch the first time I baited the trap, I also put peanut butter on the trigger itself.  That got the mouse.

Since the mouse was alive I carefully picked up the trap and set it outside and then called for Daisy.  After a while she came strolling over from the hayfield.  She was interested in the mouse but acted nonchalant about it.  Eventually I left her to play with it.





A short video of Daisy and the mouse.  I'm surprised she doesn't get bitten more, especially as she tries yo sniff the mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9XPmY3xaU&feature=youtu.be

No comments: