Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Rain and pocket gophers

This morning a cold front came through with rain.  Even though Daisy slept all night on the bed with me, after I moved some of the irrigation pipes before the rain started, Daisy came back in the house with me.  She had to wash off her wet legs and belly from the morning dew in the hay field.  We both laid down on the couch and fell back asleep for two more hours.



In the afternoon Daisy helped me set pocket gopher traps.  Once I dug and found their tunnel Daisy checked the hole out before I could place the trap.

Checking out the pocket gopher tunnel.

After we set the pocket gopher traps Daisy accompanied me when I went over to the neighbor's property to pick up apples from the ground.  I feed the apples to my cattle as a treat.  When I would pick up an apple laying near Daisy she would bat my hand with her paw - but not with her claws.

No comments: