Sunday, February 12, 2017

First mouse of 2017

With this warmer weather Daisy is going outside more.   This morning I found a fat dead mouse on my front step and a proud kitty.  Her first mouse of 2017.

I think she got the mouse from the large hay bales.  Yesterday I moved two bales to the pasture for the cattle.  When taking the twine off the first bale a mouse dropped off the bottom of the bale and ran under the wooden pallet I was about to set the bale on.  Daisy wasn't with me to get the mouse.


Today when riding my bicycle I passed a woman with two kids and a dog.  And a very large pig.  They were all walking down the road.  The pig was not on a leash.  As I came up upon them the pig decided to go over to my side of the road to the ditch.  The woman ran over to stop the pig from going into the ditch as she was afraid it would sink in the deep snow and get stuck.

1 comment:

BLD in MT said...

Ginger just started wanting to venture out again. She is a bit of a fair-weather cat. I am sure the vole carcasses (we get voles more than mice left on our step) will be waiting for me any day now.

I suppose it is not just anywhere that one sees people out for a walk with a pig!