Sunday, October 17, 2021

Acorns?

Last week, as I was riding my bicycle downtown Kalispell, I saw some nuts on the side of the road that had fallen from a tree. I brought some home. I don't know what kind of nuts these are.  Acorns?

Rascal likes to play with them.  I let him play with one.  He batted it around and around and then down the stairs to the basement.  I went and got it and then put it into the dining room.  Days later I have no idea where the nut is now.


I cracked one nut.  This is what is inside the shell.  I haven't tried eating it yet.





1 comment:

BLD in MT said...

Cool. They looks like chestnuts to me....though I've never seen any growing in Montana. We always get some to roast for Christmas. Classic.

And Ginger likes to play with anything remotely ball shaped. We have a lot of Black Walnut trees around our place and she enjoys the heck out of those.