Thursday, January 27, 2022

Good day

Rascal had a good day today.   Lately Rascal has been coming outside with me in the morning when I go out to check on the cattle and their water trough.  I open the barn door so Rascal can go inside and look for mice.  And there are mice inside.  Today when I looked back outside the house I saw Rascal by the toolshed on his way back from the barn.  When he got to the snow-free grass he dropped a mouse and played with it.  After a bit he came walking to the house and I let him inside.  Over an hour later I checked the area but didn't find a mouse body.  I'm sure he killed it by the way Rascal acted when the mouse tried to run away.  I believe the birds later took the mouse body.

Rascal got his fur - mainly neck and chest area - brushed twice today.  He was fine with me brushing him and seemed to like it.  Of course he doesn't stay still and I have to bend over and follow him while brushing him.  When I stop walking he will immediately turn around and come back to me for more brushing.  He also likes to gently pat a metal ball with a bell inside when I brush him.  One pat - ring - then he walks away.  A minute later he walks back and one more single pat on the ball for another ring.

And Rascal had a little time laying on, then next to, my lap this afternoon.

He was laying on my lap and having his neck rubbed as I started this post.  But after a bit of typing and no neck rub, Rascal left.   He'll be back later.

No comments: