Thursday, March 5, 2015

Better mood

Daisy is in a better mood today.  Yesterday she insisted I stand right next to her when outside.  If I moved she would either grab one of my legs and I would feel her claws and sometimes teeth through my jeans, or she would stand up and claw her way up my pants leg to reach the bottom of my coat. 

Sometimes petting her was okay and she rolled around at my feet, other times she got carried away thinking I was trying to 'fight' with her and out came her claws as she batted at my hands.

Eventually I had to just stand next to her for five minutes as she laid there looking around.  Then she was happy.

I had to go turn off the water to the cattle's water trough and Daisy was not happy I moved.  She sat up and looked mad. Her tail thumped the ground. She would look at me mostly sideways until I looked at her, then she looked away.  We repeated this over and over until I went into house.

Today she was in a better mood,  She followed me around as we checked on the cattle and hay and water.  In a matter of two hours she caught two mice.  Daisy was happy to rub her head on one dead mouse at my feet and then show off her mouse juggling skills, which are pretty impressive.

When I checked an hour or two later the dead mouse was gone.  I wonder what animal or bird is such an efficient garbage collector?  That is why I am sure Daisy gets more mice than what I find.


The cow with the bad leg is much better.  She is not limping any more, but does walk carefully.

No comments: