Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Mouse in the house

This morning after getting out of bed I found a dead mouse in the middle of the living room floor. Daisy had gone outside after 3 am and came back inside after 7 am.  Half asleep I didn't notice if she was bringing a mouse into the house.  Usually she leaves the mice on the front step just outside the door.  I still have the crawl space open as that septic system is still frozen.  I think Daisy found the mouse in the crawl space before she went outside.

I need the snow to melt away from the big hay bales so Daisy can get the mice there.  I moved two more big hay bales out to the north pasture today.  As the tractor held the bale in the air I started to take the twine off the first bale and a big fat mouse dropped out of the bale. The mouse hit the snow covered ground and was stunned for a moment.  The mouse scampered under the wooden pallet the bale will sit on and got away before I could get over to kill it.  Daisy wasn't around.  She was sleeping in the house.


No comments: