Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Barn loft

Daisy got a new spot in the barn.   The hay supply is dwindling so there aren't many hay bales left to lay on.  So on Monday I discovered Daisy climbing up into the barn's loft.

Daisy somehow got on top of the stack of ten straw bales (1).  From there she got on one wall (2).  Then she crossed over to the second wall (3).  Finally at (4) she was able to reach up and get through the hole to the barn's loft.


 

Then Daisy looked down from the hole and meowed at me.  When I climbed up to get her down she played her game of walking up to me then walking away when I reached for her.  I left her but she then would meow and meow.  So I went up a second time and this time caught her and brought her down.  There is nothing in the loft except dust.

Me?!  In the barn's loft?  You must have gotten me mistaken with another cat.

Btw - the old coats over the windows were to block the sunlight from yellowing and drying the hay bales.

No comments: