Monday, May 13, 2013

Exploring and sleeping

The other day I went down into the house's crawl space to open the vents for the season.  This is the first Daisy knew about the crawl space and naturally she was interested in the area.  She kept circling the opening trying to look down.  Before she could fall in I lowered her into the crawl space so she could explore to her heart's content.



After a bit I checked and it looked like she was done exploring so I got her out.  I went back to eating lunch.  After which I found Daisy had jumped back down in the crawl space by herself.  I let her be and later she reappeared.

My prior cat wasn't too fond of the crawl space and she wasn't able to get in and out of the crawl space by herself.   I guess I should call Daisy - "Supercat".

A day after Daisy's crawl space adventure I caught a mouse in a trap.  Overnight Daisy had retrieved the trap with the mouse from back by the washing machine.  The next evening another mouse was caught in the same trap.  What's going on?!

So Monday I opened the crawl space opening again and let Daisy go in and out much of the day.  She needs to earn her keep and not sleep so much.



By the way, Daisy was trying to help me with this blog post but she fell asleep on my mouse's cord making it difficult to do this post.   "Wrong mouse Daisy!"

No comments: