Friday, October 17, 2014

Bath

I finally tried the skunk cleaning mixture on Daisy this afternoon.  The past few days she has spent most of the day outside and I didn't get a chance to wash her.
The formula:
One quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (or white vinegar)
1/4 cup baking soda
One teaspoon liquid soap
Apply and rinse off with water.
I didn't have white vinegar so I used apple vinegar instead.

Daisy did quite well.  She stood patiently as I rubbed the mixture on her neck, under her chin and on her shoulders.  She wasn't thrilled at what I was doing.  As time went on she was getting unhappy but stood while I washed her fur.  I was surprised at how patient she was with me.

Then she started to do a low moan to signal her displeasure and then she looked at me with sad eyes.

Poor Daisy.

After I was done putting the mixture on her, and since I wouldn't let her go outside, Daisy went down to the basement and laid on the sleeping bag down there.  After a short time I went down and washed and rubbed the mixture off her then dried her off somewhat.  She just laid there looking sad at me.

The sooner one washes the skunk odor off, the better.  Unfortunately, a few days have passed before I could wash her, so while the odor is not as strong, I can still smell it on Daisy.


"Why are you being so mean to me?"


I just want to go outside so you'll stop washing me.



Poor Daisy.

No comments: