Sunday, April 24, 2016

In the corral

I had a busy Saturday with cattle and hay.  Daisy was right with me.

Leading a calf into the corral

Supervising from the top of the corral fence



Playing tag with Donna

Later Daisy decided to lay in her favorite water trough.  She was pulling herself along the length of the trough when Buddy decided to come over and check out what Donna and I were looking at.


Here is a 12 second video of Buddy and Daisy.

https://youtu.be/NyApRlPm6pY


Later in the afternoon Daisy came with me out to the pastures. (No photos of Daisy being cute as I forgot my camera.)  We walked out to look at the river then went to my southern neighbor's pasture to check the pocket gopher trap (caught another one) and to reset the trap to a new location.  Then it was back to a tree stump I was digging around.  Daisy laid and rested from our long walk, then she sat here and there keeping a lookout.  In between she came down to the bottom of the hole to check out my digging.  She was a tired kitty by the time we got home.

2 comments:

BLD in MT said...

What a beautiful creature! Interesting video, too. Cows must seem huge from a cat's perspective. I can only imagine what my scardy cat would think.

Tall Pines said...

Daisy seems to know when she can be out around the cattle and when she needs to be behind a fence. A few times over the years when laying near me as I worked she would let a cow get close. When the cow would sniff and try to lick her she would then move.