Tuesday, September 26, 2017

More mouse in the house

Several nights ago Daisy kept eating as a mouse ran around.  As she was eating her cat food a mouse ran out from under the refrigerator.  It saw me and Daisy and ran back under the refrigerator.  Daisy had her back to the mouse and refrigerator and was furiously eating.   I told Daisy there was a mouse but she kept eating.

I checked around the refrigerator and the mouse ran out from under it.  It ran across the floor over to the dryer, ran under it and got away  Daisy had no clue there was a mouse.  When she was done eating she wanted to go outside.


Last night she noticed the mouse.  I was in the living room when I heard one of her cat food dishes rattle.  Daisy ran into the living room and looked back towards the dining room and her food dishes.  She looked startled.  She went back and checked it out.  Nothing.

A short time later she laid on my lap when all of a sudden she heard something and went to the dining room.  She ran around including into the far end of the living room.   But the mouse got away.  She spent some time looking for it before giving up, coming over to me meowing that she tried, but now wanting to go outside.

Last night I added some cheese to the mouse trap and moved it over by the dryer.  This morning I found a dead mouse in the trap.  The fourth mouse I trapped this year.

I reset the trap.  This afternoon when I was on the phone I heard the trap snap, then some bumping around.  I thought it was the mouse in its death throes.   But later when I checked, no mouse and the trap was licked clean of peanut butter.  I reset the trap with peanut butter.

This evening Daisy was interested in the dryer area and spent a little time watching it before she got bored and went outside.

So my 'mouse in the house' adventure is not over.

No comments: