Monday, January 27, 2020

Daisy's vet visit for checkup

I took Daisy in to the vet this morning.  He was pleased with Daisy's eye recovery and progress.  The eye is cloudy but blood vessels are forming.  The pupil is dilating much more than last time.  I'm trying to remember exactly what he said; I believe it was that her pupil tends to go up and not straight out due to the injury and recovery.  The vet put some green liquid in her eye so he could check if her eye developed an ulcer, and it did not.

No more follow-ups unless her eye takes a turn for the worse.  I am leaving the cone on her head for another 5 to 7 days to be on the safe side in case she tries to scratch around the eye because it is itching due to the continued healing.  Daisy does a bit of scratching against the cone but I think it is because of her neck and chin are itching due to the cone.  Daisy's outside activity is only during the day and when I can be with her.  It is not as long as she would like as I hear lots of grumbling when I pick her up and take her back in the house.

No comments: