Friday, January 24, 2020

On the roof, and Daisy's eye

Daisy is feeling better.  So much that most evenings after dark she wants to go outside.  I don't let her as she is still recovering.  So for an hour or two she complains to me and asks me to let her outside.  However during the day I am letting her outside when I can accompany her.  In the beginning we sat somewhere for twenty minutes or so as Daisy sniffed, listened and tried to look around, then went back into the house.  The past few days she is walking around the house a little. Today we went outside in the morning and again just before sundown.  Before sundown she then wanted to explore the yard and a few times I had to pick her up to stop her from going into the stack of boards or when she tried to leave the yard to go into the NE pasture.  She is now grumbling to complain when I pick her up when she wants to go somewhere.

This morning Daisy decided she wanted to climb the shrub /tree by the house.  In the past she figured out how to climb this shrub/tree to get up on the house roof.  Today with her cone on her head I didn't think she would get far.  She still figured out how to get around some branches with her cone and get up on the house roof, which still has lots of snow on it.

Daisy on the top of the house roof


She spent a little time looking out at the world.  After it began to rain lightly she wanted down.  Getting down is now harder than climbing up.  Before she had no problem in getting down off the house roof.  With the cone it might have been too hard.  After getting into the shrub/tree as seen below, she couldn't turn and get further down. She went back on the house roof.  I got a ladder and carried her down even though she doesn't like to be carried.



After we came back into the house I took photos of how her eye looks currently.



No comments: