Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mouse, interupted

For the past week Daisy has been getting at least one mouse each day.  This morning I seen her come back to the house with a mouse in her mouth.  Later I seen her intently checking out the side of the garage along the ground.  Lost another one!

Daisy saw me watching her and came in the house to eat and drink.  When she climbed up on the back of the couch it wasn't long before she was scratching at the window and meowing.  I let her outside and she went over to the garage.  She caught the mouse again.  This time it didn't get away.

Now if Daisy would take naps in the garage like she used to do.  There is a mouse who built a cache of sunflower seeds from back when I kept the wild bird food in a bag.  The bird food is now in a plastic pail with a lid on it but every week I find a pile of sunflower seed shells in the trunk of my car.

My northern neighbor said she is happy Tammy didn't take Daisy.  She has a mouse problem in and around her house and the mice have been getting into her four dogs' food.  Daisy often goes over there to hunt mice and the neighbor is happy she does so as she once again told me today.

Everybody loves Daisy.  Even people who prefer dogs.

No comments: