Monday, November 17, 2014

Nicer temps make for a happier cat

The temperature was nicer Sunday and Monday.  The chill wasn't in the air.  Not that it was warm, but it was nicer.

Daisy spent more time outside today, which made her happier.  During the cold temperatures she would lay with her head on her front paws, eyes open, and... bored.  She reminded me of how a dog will sometimes lay with its head on the floor and then will follow you around the room with just its eyes.

Each morning Daisy gets me up around 6 am to open the front door so she can check the temperature.  Usually she decides not to go outside.  Then a half hour or so later she asks me to get out of bed again and open the door for her.  She'll go outside then.  After a half hour to an hour I will wake up yet again and check the front door or call for her.  Usually she is there or nearby and comes running into the house.  She'll run to my bed and jump up on it before I can get back to it.  Then we'll sleep for a few more hours before both getting up.

Today was no exception.  But by noon the temperature warmed up enough Daisy went out for an extended time.  And she was outside more than inside for most of the afternoon.

When I worked on splitting firewood late afternoon until dark Daisy roamed here and there checking for mice.  I found a big fat dead mouse near the house earlier in the afternoon.  Number 72 for the year.

Daisy is laying by the wood stove now warming her paws.

No comments: