Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Cold morning

My thermometer said the outside temperature got down to minus 17 F this morning.  It was minus 15 F when I got up.  Inside the house... it was a little warmer: 47 F above.

Around 5 am Daisy went outside.  Very briefly at only a minute two.  Then Daisy slept next to me on the bed the rest of the night.  She stayed in the house when I went outside to feed the cattle.  When I came back in the house she was sitting by the front window in the sun.  The bird feeders were on the other side of the window.  Daisy wasn't 'talking' to the birds so I think she was sitting there for the sun and not bird watching.





The inside of the windows were frosted where I had the window blinds down overnight.



Once I got the wood stove ashes cleaned and a fire started the house warmed up.

No comments: