Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mice and metal

I woke up this morning to a dead mouse by the wood stove.  Daisy has been on a mouse "run" lately.  She got three in a 24 hour period a few days ago.  In the past 24 hours she has gotten four mice.  That last one being while I split firewood by the pole shed.  She came out from a wood pile with a mouse to 'play' with.  This was another feisty mouse as it tried to stand up and then jump up at Daisy when she leaned her head over the mouse.  Daisy took the mouse and disappeared around the corner.

That makes at least 83 mice for the year so far.

Later I heard scratching on metal.  The only metal was the roof on the tall pole shed. The scratching got louder.  Then a long 'scrreeeecchhhh...".  It sounded like Daisy was on the roof.  Did she slide off?  I walked around the building to find Daisy way up a box elder tree near roof level.  She had been trying to get on the roof.  She didn't succeed and later came back to look for more mice.

Daisy also trekked with me out and back when I went out to the pasture to check on the cattle and the feeder.

Right now she is laying on the table and is watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with me.

What a cat.

No comments: