Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Daisy's nose

Daisy's nose is much better from her activities a month (or more?!) ago when she got a very scratched up nose. I still see signs of the injuries on her nose.  This morning I saw how she may have gotten her nose all scratched up.

Daisy accompanied me when I walked out into the snow covered hayfield to spread the wood stove's ashes. Once in the hayfield Daisy got distracted by the 'snow'.  Actually she quickly heard something under the snow and 'stomped' her paws into the snow here and there until she came up with a mouse.  The next I knew the mouse was standing up facing Daisy.  Daisy tried to sniff the mouse and that didn't go well.  A few bats and the mouse again stood facing Daisy.  Again she almost got bitten/clawed on her nose.  The mouse dove under the snow by a clump of tall grass.  The mouse must have found a second mouse hole as Daisy never found the mouse again.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me to capture the mouse standing facing Daisy, and the action.

No comments: