Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super cat

Daisy misses Tammy.  Many times when Daisy comes in the house she looks for Tammy.  Now when I sit on the loveseat to read or watch TV Daisy will come over and lay in Tammy's spot and then put her paw on my arm or leg as if to say "It's ok.  Tammy's gone.  I know you miss her.  I do too.  But we got each other and we'll get through it."

The other night Daisy thought I was on the computer too long.  She almost never will sit on my lap and she got up and sat on my lap for a while as I typed.  Then she thought I had been on the computer too long and she got up and walked and sat in front of the computer screen until I gave up and shut off the computer.   "Time to sit on the loveseat and watch a movie."

Friday night Daisy did her "Super cat" impression as I made supper.  "Faster than a speeding tail!"


Here is a 59 second video of Daisy the Supercat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1eJYoD_oo


Saturday, even though the ground was wet and water and mud was everywhere. Daisy insisted on following me around as I worked. I went here and there and Daisy would follow circling around the puddles of water.  I went in the house.  Daisy followed me in.  I came out.  She came out.  Once I just needed to get my camera and I ran to the house hoping to get in and out before Daisy noticed.  No such luck.  Daisy can run like lightning and got in the house before the door closed.  Then immediately came back out when I did.

Daisy wanted to go in the barn as I was getting hay for the cattle.  She made her way across the very wet and muddy corral to reach the corner of the barn.  I wasn't done with the hay so I encouraged her to come the rest of the way.  The cattle were busy with the hay.  Or so Momma and Baby were until they saw Daisy getting near the barn door.  Then they had to come and check Daisy out.  Daisy beat a retreat around the corner of the barn.

Later as I did fence work I decided to open the south door - the door on the other side of the barn.  I attached a wire so the cattle couldn't push the door all the way open and get to the hay inside.  Daisy went inside.   "Go get them mousies!  (Daisy had gotten mouse number 9 earlier this morning.)

Wouldn't you know it... when I went back to the tool shed to get a tool here comes Daisy picking her way across the water and mud.  When I went back to the corral to do more work Daisy followed and then went in the barn for some more exploring.  Earlier I wiped cobwebs off her head from her first time in the barn.

Since Daisy is keeping close tabs on me now I wonder if she is worried I will leave like Tammy did?

Here Daisy keeps watch as I split a few logs.  When I got my camera out she posed for me.




No comments: